3.07.2007

Wedding Bells Are Ringing (and so is my head)

51 days and counting, ladies and gentlemen! I'm sort of anxious that I'm not more anxious, but I can only count my blessings. As long as Jake and I wind up married at the end of this whole thing, I'm good!

I started a new job two months ago, and I'm lovin' it. But between busy times at work (in addition to my regular duties, I start teaching a creative drama class tomorrow afternoon), wedding planning, doctor's appointments, and writing my thesis proposal, my days are full to overflowing. I thought I'd take a moment out to process it all and write a post about wedding planning.
I'd like to give a shout-out to the lovely and wonderful CoCo Myles. Dude. Custom-made dresses for under $150? In a custom color, chosen by yours truly, for no extra charge? And the company naming the color after me, making me world-famous? Hell, yes! The dresses are very well-made, and customer service was superb.

I am never going to feel this pampered again. A hair and makeup trial means that we played with my hair for an hour, which led to playing with makeup for an hour. I haven't done this since I almost gave Bobbie Bardzik chicken pox when we were four, and sharing my mom's cast-off blue eye shadow and coral lipstick. (I don't think I got chicken pox this time. I'm immune now, suckas! Plus, they keep their equipment pretty clean there, so no cross-contamination.)

Hair:

Makeup:



(That's my makeup artist, Ashley, behind me. She's adorable.)


What else...? Oh, if you're in the Baltimore area and need affordable accessories, go to Treasure House in Owings Mills. That's where I got my hair clip. For $32! Treasure House is not to be confused with Treasure Trove in DC, which is where we got our rings.

Everyone (and everything) has been great so far. More wedding news to come!

2 comments:

Baby G & Dizzle said...

Everything looks beautiful, Jenn! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the honeymoon after this is all over! Good luck, and keep us posted.

Love,
DZ

Baby G & Dizzle said...

you look gorgeous dahling! and it sounds like you're managing everything really well. congratulations!
love,
nelina