8.09.2006

Open Letter

To Whom it May Concern:

When I tell you that I have not dealt with a particular financial situation, and that all of the information I know is second-hand, please check with the people who are actually handling the issue. I do not want to give you any wrong information, but seeing as how the entire transaction has been done in Korean, and I do not speak Korean, I might not be the best person to talk to.

Let me repeat: I do not speak Korean. I would like to learn Korean, but right now, I can say "hello," "goodbye," "thank you," "I do not speak Korean," and random words like "mom," "dad," "older brother," "strawberry," and "I'm bored." Unfortunately, those words haven't come in very handy in conversation, yet.

Also: if you sign up for a loan and opt to pay it back over a period of fifteen years, the interest is going to bite you in the ass. I'm sorry that this happened to you. I really am! But that's something you need to take up with the loan company, not me. I don't actually see any of your money. (Sadly.)

Anyone want to teach me Korean?

No comments: